Tickets are now available for the 2017 Cheltenham Festival and you can buy them online today.
Crowd levels on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday of the Festival are kept to around 55,000, compared with a capacity of 65,000 on Friday for the Gold Cup. It's the most sensational sporting event on the planet and and race fans will need to move quickly before it sells out.
The dates have been announced for the meeting and the National Hunt horse racing extravaganza will take place between Tuesday 14th March and Friday 17th March 2017.
The 27 races that make up the showpiece are the most hotly contested of the entire racing calendar, with around 500 horses competing for over £3.4 million of win and place prize money which compete only with the Grand National in terms of prestige in the jump racing calendar.
Of the Festival’s daily audience, a quarter come from Gloucestershire and the surrounding area and another quarter from London and the Home Counties. Of the rest, up to 10,000 come from Ireland, and invaders from the Emerald Isle proceed to take over much of the Cotswolds countryside and its hostelries.
Whatever the weather, spring arrives in Gloucestershire on the first Tuesday of the Festival. Helicopters clatter in over Cleeve Hill, the first of 200,000 pints of Guinness are sunk and spectators roar off the start of the first race at the Cheltenham Festival. That now traditional roar is an outpouring of a range of emotions from the relief of the racing community that Cheltenham has finally come round again, to the exhilaration of the crowd at the thought of what lies ahead - four days of high drama, effort and excess that will test both wallets and livers.
The Cheltenham Festival is rapidly approaching. (Photo by Michael Steele/Getty Images)
As befits the UK’s premier racecourse, Cheltenham offers a huge variety of viewing areas, bars, restaurants, hospitality and entertainment.
Gates open at 10.30am on each of the four days of the Festival, and for the three hours before racing, and the hour and half after, there is time to soak up the unique atmosphere amongst the trade stands, parades, music and entertainment.
Cheltenham Festival dates
Champion Day - Tuesday 14 March 2017
Opening Day of the Festival featuring the Champion Hurdle
Ladies Day - Wednesday 15 March 2017
Second Day of the Festival featuring the Queen Mother Champion Chase
St Patricks Thursday - Thursday 16 March 2017
Third day of the Festival featuring the World Hurdle
Gold Cup Day - Friday 17 March 2017
The final day of the Festival featuring the Cheltenham Gold Cup
THE BEST MATE ENCLOSURE
- Great view of racing from the opposite side of the finish line.
- Unbeatable atmosphere
- Fantastic betting shops, stands and a beer tent with entertainment provided by live band.
- Fantastic variety of food
- Extensive viewing steps, a betting hall, bars and buffets.
- Access to the Centaur, paddock and unsaddling enclosure, the Hall of Fame the Gold Cup Restaurant.
- Access to all the bookmakers in the betting ring
- Most exclusive enclosure with the best viewing, bars, buffets and betting areas.
- Access the Tattersalls enclosure, as well as the chalets and boxes in the Tented Village.
- A Club badge allows you to use all the facilities in the Tattersalls Enclosure.
- Large stand opposite the final fence and hurdle and extends the Tattersalls Enclosure with extra viewing steps, bars and bands.
- Enjoy a pint in the world famous Guinness Village.
PRIVATE BOX PACKAGES
- Take in breathtaking views of Cheltenham and be in the heart of the action from your box.
- Prices start at £125 per person (ex vat)
- If you're feeling really adventurous then you can rent a Hi-Lux Chalet with balcony views of the winner's enclosure.
- Enjoy dinner with friends and family overlooking the famous Cheltenham winning post.
- Prices start from £65 per person (ex vat) which is fantastic value.
- Experience fine dining with Albert Roux in 'Chez Roux' at Cheltenham.